Saturday, February 22, 2014

Me or You

Often, people will start pointing fingers and shrinking responsibilities when problem arise. And it’s rare to see people admitting to and reflecting on their mistakes. Sometimes it is just too hard to see the flaws in yourself. Is it because of one’s pride and ego or the consequences? Once, someone told me it is the society that made people react this way, as society is hesitant about accepting people who have did wrong. Second chances are hard to come by. Besides that, humans are a judgmentally lot.

I am one of them. The one that try to flinch from any responsibility rather than concede and resolve my mistakes.  I’m reluctant to do so as I fear the consequences might be too much for me to bear. The judgmental stare and comments, the possibility of losing something and the disappointment of people that had faith in you.

However, we all knew facing our mistakes do make us reflect on our wrongdoings and change to be a better person. Even though it is unusual for people to openly display their wrongs, I firmly believe I am not the only one that mull over my mistakes at times and decide to correct it. And yes, there is also a bunch that thinks they are superior and will not admit to any imperfection in themselves at all.

Ultimately, it all depends on you. People are not afraid to face their mistakes but they are afraid of the consequences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment